Chomskification

"Noam moaned," moaned Noam.

Friday, November 25, 2005

...wow, two a day?...

yeah, thats how cool of a person I am.

Okay so, I may have fallen in love with a year-off program. The problem is, I'm really debating it because there are lots of obvious flaws. But there are also so many awesome things that make me really happy and I don't know what to do.

Its the one Israel program that I was telling various people about. And I was having lots of doubts cuz I don't want to go on a JewishAmerican tour group thingy, and take hebrew classes and stuff. But then I watched the video, and looked at the website some more, and I really sort of want to go. Because I remembered how much I love Israel. And like, spending a year there with lots of awesome people my age. And teaching English and hanging out and working in a kibbutz and aaaaah. It could be so awesome!!!

I think I'm sort of a different person in Israel. Its not necessarily good or bad, its just I have my US Noam that everyone pretty much knows, and I've developed that for about 8 years. and then I have my Israeli Noam that no one here knows at all, and she still has a lot of the same core elements, but she's slightly different in ways I can't explain. It could be a language barrier thing. But like, after high school the point is to like, "find yourself" and start from a clean slate and all that yummy stuff, and I think this could be a good way to start over. And god, I REALLY love Israel. You guys don't understand it. I forget about how much I love it, until I see it/experience it. And the video had like, pictures, and awesome HEBREW songs and stuff.

Gaaaaah I like hebrew, a lot. Its a really pretty language, looking at it from an outsider's perspective. I know lots of people are like "its ugly, its all chhhhhhhhh-y" but no, I promise, its amazingly gorgeous. Like, listen to some hebrew love songs, they make your heart want to melt. and like, any song actually, they're all extremely poetic, more so than any "solely english" speaker can begin to imagine. Maybe some people that know french or portuguese can START understanding maybe ;).

but the point is, this is a genuine possibility, and I'm really excited about it. and it brought a smile to my face, and I'm going to go listen to sad hebrew songs now, bye. :D